Each year, the Seminole Club of Broward County awards scholarships to Broward County seniors who will be attending Florida State University. The Kari Vanover Endowed Scholarship is named in memory of Broward County resident and Florida State University student Kari Vanover.
2019 APPLICATIONS MUST BE POSTMARKED NO LATER THAN March 19, 2019. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Kari Vanover Endowed Scholarship through the Broward County Seminole Club
The Kari Vanover Endowed Scholarship is a one-year, non-renewable partial scholarship awarded to a Broward County senior who is entering Florida State University on a full-time basis to pursue a Bachelor’s degree. The selection criteria is as follows:
- At the time of application, the student must be eligible for graduation with a standard diploma from an accredited high school in Broward County.
- The student must have a minimum 3.0 un-weighted cumulative GPA.
- The student must have applied for and be eligible for financial aid at Florida State University and demonstrate financial need.
- The student must demonstrate community involvement (volunteer for community organizations) and participation in school activities (i.e., sports, student government, journalism, service clubs. band, drama, etc.)
- The student must be a Broward County resident.